The other day I made M&M Cookies for a party. As soon as I opened the cookie tin with all the cookies in, all hands went in and no cookies were left after. The recipe is basically a chocolate chip cookie recipe but with the chocolate chips swapped out for M&M’s. They’re a great party food and I recommend them for anyone who likes M&M’s and vanilla cookies. If children are cooking recommended adult help and supervision.
approximately 14 cookies
90 grams butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 & 1/4 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 180 gram bag of M&M’s
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celcius and grease 2 cookie trays with butter wrappers.
- Measure butter and soften for 5 seconds in the microwave.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mix master until white and fluffy.
- Separately beat 1 egg. Then slowly add the egg to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Add self raising flour and slowly mix in, and when flour is concealed, turn up mix master to properly mix in flour. Mixture should become a stiff cookie dough.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Mix in 110 grams of M&M’s.
- Scoop out balls of Mixture and place evenly spread onto the greased trays. Flatten balls to around a 2cm thickness and then press around 5 extra M&M’s on top of each cookie.
- Put tray of cookies into hot oven of 180 degrees celcius and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Take cookie tray out of oven, leave cookies to cool.
I wish I had thought to take photo’s of them, so it would be great if you would try the recipe and send pictures of the delicious cookies you create in. Hope you enjoy making your M&M cookies.