Today I made the best melting moments! They were so good. I had this recipe at home and the past couple of times I’d made this recipe, most of the biscuits melted in the oven and when I picked them up they would be very slippery. So I changed recipe searching up melting moments up and discovering Taste.com had a recipe. I used the proportions of ingredients they had but used the method I had to make them. Have a crack!
I rate the biscuits 5 stars and the difficulty of the recipe is about 3 stars, so its pretty easy but children should be supervised when cooking.
Melting Moments With Lemon Glaze
I got a picture before they all got eaten. Yes!
3/4 cup(115g) plain flour
1/4 cup(45g) icing sugar
1/3 cup(50g) custard powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a tray.
- To soften butter: place butter on a small plate, place in microwave for 5seconds, then take out, check if it is soft, if not, place in microwave again for 5 seconds, repeat this step until butter is soft. This is preparation for the next step.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until white and fluffy.WARNING: If you accidentally melted the butter in the microwave then this step will take much longer.
- Add plain flour and custard powder and continue creaming.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place onto tray about 3cm apart from each other.
- Press the prongs of a fork into some ice sugar and then press it on top of one of your balls. Repeat on all of the balls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes.
Now with the glaze, when I did it I used 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 cup of icing sugar. Made too much glaze and so I have provided a reduced measurement. Method is the same.
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup(90g) icing sugar
Lemon Glaze Method
- Put both ingredients into a small microwaveable ball.
- Mix ingredients together with a spoon.
- Microwave for 15seconds, then stir again. Do this until icing sugar is completely dissolved in lemon juice, then leave to cool.
- Apply glaze to tops of each biscuit and then leave to set for 5 minutes.